Terms & Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website. The term ‘Simply Baby Names’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is CLIP Creative Limited, Lace Market House, 54-56 High Pavement, Nottingham, NG1 1HW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Standard terms for competitions
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the ‘Competition Terms’) are known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted on the Simply Baby Names website (www.simplybabynames.com) or at on behalf of CLIP Creative Ltd, Lace Market House, Nottingham NG1 1HW and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- CLIP Creative reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of CLIP Creative’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Simply Baby Names website (www.simplybabynames.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of CLIP Creative Ltd shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by CLIP Creative Ltd.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. CLIP Creative Ltd reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. CLIP Creative Ltd assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to CLIP Creative Ltd’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- CLIP Creative Ltd reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to CLIP Creative Ltd disqualifying that person, without CLIP Creative Ltd giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including CLIP Creative Ltd); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. CLIP Creative Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, CLIP Creative Ltd will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date unless specified and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that CLIP Creative Ltd discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, CLIP Creative Ltd accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by CLIP Creative Ltd in its sole discretion).
- Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, CLIP Creative Ltd reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason CLIP Creative Ltd reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, CLIP Creative Ltd reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- CLIP Creative Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- CLIP Creative Ltd accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual property rights and data protection
- You agree that CLIP Creative Ltd (and any third party authorised by CLIP Creative Ltd) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the Simply Baby Names website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to CLIP Creative Ltd the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give CLIP Creative Ltd (and any third party authorised by CLIP Creative Ltd) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- CLIP Creative Ltd will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within the UK) or country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Chessington World of Adventure
- Prize is for a set of family tickets for Chessington World of Adventure Resort: A Family of Four Pass is valid for 2 Adults & 2 children, or 1 Adult & 3 children with children being aged 11 and under, and entitles you to entrance to the Resort for one day.
- Family of Four Ticket is valid for use between 18/03/2016 until 20/10/2016. Park is closed on certain days throughout the year so please check the website for availability before you visit to avoid disappointment www.chessington.com.
- Prize can only be used as stipulated and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way. Sale of the prize for profit is prohibited
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Tickets are valid until 20/10/2016, and the park is open on selected dates during 2016. Please visit Chessington.com to check park opening dates before travelling.
- The winner and their companions are responsible for any expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel arrangements, costs, travel documentation, meals and drinks.
- Chessington reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time.